Title: External Relations and Project Manager
Location: Ames/Des Moines, IA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose of the Position
This position will be responsible for external relations, project and operations management. The manger will work the Executive Director of America’s Cultivation Corridor (Corridor) and members to promote Iowa as the global leader in agricultural innovation, where you can grow a career, a business, and lifestyle. Working closely with the Executive Director, the manager will be responsible for project management and working with committees for events and special projects. The individual will also support external affairs outreach with primary focus on digital media and website support. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining systems to ensure the organization operates effectively and efficiently and for some administrative functions to support the Executive Director and to enhance operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Executive Director to coordinate and lead project management around special projects, i.e. Cultivo, Governor’s Reception
- Coordinate and engage on social media marketing
- Lead efforts to maintain website content
- Work with marketing and communication committees to support, and in some cases, leadefforts on special projects, Corridor branding and marketing efforts
- Assist with Board and Committee meetings including scheduling, agenda and meeting packetpreparation
- Management of intern(s), and potentially, firms leveraged in partnerships to achieve goals
- Develop and maintain process documents for each essential function performed by the Corridor(compliance with records requirements, state filing reports, and others as identified)
- Update investor data and other key documentation, maintain and compile data on potentialinvestors, including invoicing investors and sponsors.Strategic Initiatives and Outreach Engagement
- Support activities to achieve our strategic initiatives, i.e. Cultivo, supporting outbound trade trips, maintaining databases to outline partnerships and activities, workforce development, and implementation timelines
- As needed, public speaking to support Corridor’s messaging
- Compile and coordinate measurement of efforts related to strategic plan
- Engage with strategy development to further the goals of the Corridor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong judgement and critical thinking ability; proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handle numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a small team environment. Adaptable attitude, self-starter, requires little regular supervision. Comfortable with frequently evolving direction and priorities.
- Significant writing, proofreading and communication skills. Strong computer, database management and internet research skills. Experience supporting online communities. Creative thinker with the capacity to analyze current success and identify opportunities for improvement. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Highly dependable; able to plan and proactively manage timelines for self and others; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities to avoid pitfalls before they occur. Follows through on commitments. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- High integrity; strong interpersonal skills, able to interface well with a variety of people and effectively present information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to attend board meetings, events during early mornings/late afternoons/evenings. May have overnight travel – less than 8 nights per year.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of external relations, project management, operations or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated ability to handle wide-range of tasks as described and proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, professional environment. Prior public relations, and work in the agricultural and/or innovation industry desired.
Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat and social media platforms; proficiency with databases and research tools preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to used hands, to handle objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, carry items up to 25 pounds. Specific visional abilities are required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and dexterity to perform necessary computer functions.
America’s Cultivation Corridor
America’s Cultivation Corridor is focused on further developing and marketing the world-renowned agricultural and bioscience economy in Iowa, America’s Cultivation Corridor is building on a rich history of innovation to accelerate value-added agriculture business development by attracting companies, talent and capital from across the globate to the state. Representing a diverse public-private coalition of stakeholders including Iowa State University, Greater Des Moines Partnership, Ames Chamber of Commerce, nonprofits, trade associations and private sector companies from across the region and state.
America’s Cultivation Corridor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state regulations, the Corridor will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations.
Please submit cover letter and resume’ to:
America’s Cultivation Corridor
1805 Collaboration Place
Ames, IA 50010
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org