Insights to Innovation
Presented by America's Cultivation Corridor
What is Insights to Innovation?
We launched our Insights to Innovation series during the World Food Prize’s 2020 Norman E. Borlaug International Symposium. Iowa’s leaders love to engage and learn from others. It is our hope that the Insights to Innovation series helps connect people from around the world to address global issues. How do we innovate to solve the world’s challenges? We do it by coming together!
Bacon & Innovation: Industry Leaders Share Breakthroughs in Pork Production
This session took place on June 9, 2022 at the World Pork Expo in Des Moines, IA.
From its earliest roots, Iowa has been fertile ground for animal science and innovation. Here public institutions and private industry converge with the world’s most robust pork production infrastructure to create a culture of innovation to support the world’s growing demand for a sustainable supply of food.
We invite you to hear from some of the innovators leading the charge to accelerate development of new technologies and innovations that are advancing the pork industry. Panelists shared news and updates about advancements that will have a lasting impact on pork production in the state and around the world.
- Moderator: Mike Roof, Ph.D., Iowa State University Chief Technology Officer for the Vaccines and Immunotherapeutics research and innovation platform
- Mike Naig, Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
- Jason Ross, Ph.D., Director of the Iowa Pork Industry Center, Iowa State University Lloyd Anderson Endowed Professor of Physiology
- Kevin Rasmussen, Iowa pork producer, Iowa Pork Producers Association President
- Rick Sibbel, DVM, Technology & Strategy Lead, Mazen Animal Health, past president, American Association of Swine Veterinarians
- Billi Hunt, Executive Director, America’s Cultivation Corridor
Watch the session #3 recording.
Renewable Solutions Available Now to Achieve Sustainability Goals
This session took place on February 25, 2021.
- Kristin Dillavou, Manager, Corporate Environmental & Social Responsibility – Renewable Energy Group, Inc.
- Ryan Frasier, FMA Associate Administrator – Washington, D.C., Department of Public Works
- Ben McLean, CEO – Ruan Transportation Management Systems
- Moderator: Billi Hunt, Executive Director, America’s Cultivation Corridor
Watch the session #2 recording.
Today & Tomorrow: The Impact of COVID-19 on America’s Food and Ag Supply Chain
This session took place on October 15, 2020.
- Mike Gauss, President – Kent Nutrition Group
- Mike Paustian, 6th Generation Hog Farmer, President–Iowa Pork Producers Association
- Julie Anna Potts, President & CEO – North American Meat Institute.
- Moderator: Stacey Pellett, Manager – State Public Affairs, Deere and Company
Watch the session #1 recording.